WHO IS LOVE?
Love is gentle and consistently kind to all.
Love refuses to be jealous when blessing comes to someone else.
Love does not brag about one’s achievements nor inflate its own importance.
Love does not traffic in shame and disrespect, nor selfishly seek its own honor.
Love is not easily irritated or quick to take offense.
Love joyfully celebrates honesty and finds no delight in what is wrong.
Love is a safe place of shelter, for it never stops believing the best for others.
Love never takes failure as defeat, for it never gives up.
Perfect Love never stops loving!From 1Corinthians 13 TPT
If there were a visible measuring stick for invisible love—it would look like this.
Jesus alone embodies this Love.
Our highest purpose and aspiration is the perfection of Love and Christ-likeness in our lives.
Apart from the cross we have no hope of entering or expressing the fullness of True Love.
Love is the perfection of personhood found only in Christ.
Do you desire to Love like Jesus?
If so, where do you need to align more closely with Love?
- Consider each item in the 1 Corinthians 13 list above.
- Ask God to help you honestly assess where you are on each one.
- Select three areas you most need to grow into alignment Love.
- Repent for lovelessness as needed.
- Ask God to lead you more closely in the way of Love.
- Look for opportunities to love like Jesus.